sunday this & that
- The high, high cost of war in Gaza.
- There's nowhere in the world like New Zealand's Milford Sound, and hiking the Milford Trek is the ideal way to get there.
- Dissidents to Laurent Nkunda's rule of the CNDP have declared a cessation of hostilities against the Congolese government. It's doubtful that this will lead to a long-term reduction in the level of violence in the Kivus.
- Speaking of, I'd like to locate a copy of this film. Any ideas?
- To whom does Obama owe a debt of gratitude/favorable legislation? I'd guess the $100K donors are up there.
- To keep its name, Macedonia may have to scrap plans to name its airport for Alexander the Great. (You would not believe what an issue this is between Greece and Macedonia. When Steve the Lawyer and I were in Skopje last spring, we came across a very, very creative interpretation of Greek history on a map in a Skopje landmark. They're Very Serious about it.)